How does Silktide choose which pages are tested?
We conduct a breadth-first scan of the first 125 pages in each website, starting from their homepage.
Pages are chosen as follows:
- Pages with fewer forward slashes in their URL are tested first. e.g.
would be tested before
- Where pages have the same number of slashes, the pages which were encountered first on each page are tested first. e.g. links displayed at the top of your homepage, followed by links lower down, and so on.
Collectively we have found this has the effect of tending to test high-level pages first, before going deeper into a website.
- Frequently asked questions
- Who are Silktide
- What is the Silktide Index?
- What is "accessibility"?
- How does the Index work?
- How accurate are the results?
- Do monthly report results replace the previous month's results?
- Why has my score changed when my website hasn't?
- Can I increase the number of pages tested or test more often?
- How can Socitm members access their free monthly report?
- How do I unlock more recommendations?
- What are the WCAG compliance levels?
- What do I get if I become a paying Silktide customer?
- If I score 100%, am I fully accessible?
- Why has a website score changed compared to previous reports?
- When does the Index report run?
- Will you test my website mid-month?