How does Silktide choose which pages are tested?
For reports created from January 2023:
Pages are chosen based on the length of their URL. We prefer shorter URLs based on the number of characters in their URL, e.g.
This methodology accounts for all reports created from January 2023 onwards.
For reports created before January 2023:
Older reports chose the URLs slightly differently, so we include that information here for reports before December 2022:
We conducted a breadth-first scan of the first pages in each website, starting from their homepage and up to the page number limits we set for each category.
Pages were chosen as follows:
- Pages with fewer forward slashes in their URL were tested first. e.g.
would have been tested before
- Where pages had the same number of slashes, the pages which were encountered first on each page were tested first. e.g. links displayed at the top of your homepage, followed by links lower down, and so on.
- Frequently asked questions
- Who are Silktide
- What is the Silktide Index?
- What is "accessibility"?
- How does the Index work?
- How accurate are the results?
- Do monthly report results replace the previous month's results?
- Why has my score changed when my website hasn't?
- Can I increase the number of pages tested or test more often?
- How can Socitm members access their free monthly report?
- How do I unlock more recommendations?
- What are the WCAG compliance levels?
- What do I get if I become a paying Silktide customer?
- If I score 100%, am I fully accessible?
- When does the Index report run?
- Will you test my website mid-month?
- How do I add my website to the Silktide Index?
- Why is my website marked as 'not tested'?
- Why Silktide Index scoring changed in 2023
- Why Silktide Index scoring doesn’t match your paid Silktide scoring