Why has my score changed when my website hasn’t?
If your score has changed from one month to the next, yet you have made no changes to your site, this can be due to a range of possible reasons.
Our checks can change over time.
We’re constantly improving Silktide’s testing technology. This means that, from time to time, the way in which we assign scores can change slightly.
This may be the result of us testing new aspects of your site or a change in the way we look at things.
The pages we see first can change
We choose which pages to test according to some predefined rules, but we don’t guarantee to test the same pages each month. This can affect your scores.
To be sure of accurate results across your whole site, consider purchasing Silktide to gain access to our full platform, which allows you to test everything across all your sites.
A website can change by itself
Even if you don’t make changes to your site yourself, it can still change.
For example, some third-party plugins can change, or other date-specific or randomized sections of your site can change.
- Frequently asked questions
- Who are Silktide
- What is the Silktide Index?
- What is "accessibility"?
- How does the Index work?
- How does Silktide choose which pages are tested?
- How accurate are the results?
- Do monthly report results replace the previous month's results?
- Can I increase the number of pages tested or test more often?
- How can Socitm members access their free monthly report?
- How do I unlock more recommendations?
- What are the WCAG compliance levels?
- What do I get if I become a paying Silktide customer?
- If I score 100%, am I fully accessible?
- When does the Index report run?
- Will you test my website mid-month?
- How do I add my website to the Silktide Index?
- Why is my website marked as 'not tested'?
- Why Silktide Index scoring changed in 2023
- Why Silktide Index scoring doesn’t match your paid Silktide scoring