How does the Index work?
Silktide researches and updates the Index using its automated web intelligence platform.
Every month we gather a sample of up to 125 web pages from each website in our Index. We test those pages for around 200 key accessibility criteria.
Silktide simplifies and presents the results on this website.
Our tests cover all unambiguous criteria in WCAG 2.1. This means we only score websites for criteria that a computer can reliably assess by itself.
The website’s Accessibility Score is a weighted combination of all three levels (45% for Level A, 40% for AA, 15% for AAA).
Each WCAG 2.1 Level is rated out of 100.
- Frequently asked questions
- Who are Silktide
- What is the Silktide Index?
- What is "accessibility"?
- How does Silktide choose which pages are tested?
- How accurate are the results?
- Do monthly report results replace the previous month's results?
- Why has my score changed when my website hasn't?
- Can I increase the number of pages tested or test more often?
- How can Socitm members access their free monthly report?
- How do I unlock more recommendations?
- What are the WCAG compliance levels?
- What do I get if I become a paying Silktide customer?
- If I score 100%, am I fully accessible?
- Why has a website score changed compared to previous reports?
- When does the Index report run?
- Will you test my website mid-month?